March 10 | 8:00 am - 11:45 am
Ryan J. Marek, PhD | Sam Houston State University
This advanced-level workshop focuses on use of the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 for Pre-Surgical psychological evaluations. It is designed for individuals familiar with the MMPI-2-RF or the MMPI-3, for example, those who have completed a "Introduction to the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3" workshop. Topics covered include general issues pertaining to use of the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 in medical settings, use of the MMPI-2-RF in assessments of bariatric surgery candidates, and using the MMPI-2-RF in assessments of spine surgery and spinal cord stimulator candidates. Use of the MMPI-2-RF and MMPI-3 in these assessments will be illustrated with a series of case studies.
Goals and Objectives:
1. Discuss general considerations when using the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 in medical settings.
2. Explain procedures and best practices in pre-surgical psychological evaluations.
3. Incorporate in their practice the literature on using the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 in the assessment of spine surgery, and spinal cord stimulator patients.
4. Incorporate in their practice the literature on using the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 in the assessment of bariatric surgery patients.
5. Learn how to use the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 in pre-surgical assessments of spine surgery/SCS and bariatric surgery patients.
6. Discuss case examples using the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 in medical settings.
Participants should be familiar with the MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3 or have taken an introductory level workshop on one of the two instruments.