The AP-LS Practice Committee strives to meet the distinct needs of forensic clinicians who are members of AP-LS. To that end, the Practice Committee is excited to announce our 2nd year of partnership with The Society for Personality Assessment (SPA), the largest organization dedicated to the advancement of the science and practice of personality assessment for the betterment of society.
This partnership affords all AP-LS members the SPA Member rate for all of their workshops, as well as the SPA Convention, which is scheduled to be in person March 9-13, in Chicago, IL at the Westin Michigan Avenue hotel. AP-LS members save on average between $30-$75 dollars on registration depending on AP-LS membership level. AP-LS members will also get access to the discounted rate at the hotel. Room reservations must be made by February 14, 2022, more information on the hotel can be found here.
The Practice Committee members, Antoinette Kavanaugh, Danielle Rynczak, Lara Guzman-Hosta, Yenys Castillo, and Rebecca Rivas have joined with Dr. Barry Rosenfield as well as Dr. Tess Neal who is a member of both organizations to bring you the session titled Can We Talk? Facilitating a Dialogue between Clinicians and Researchers on Friday, March 11, 2022, at 1:30pm.
We're also recommending the following pre- and post-convention workshops that may be of interest to our members including their featured lecture with our AP-LS Practice Committee chair, Dr. Antoinette Kavanaugh:
- The Elephant in the Room: Whiteness in Psychology and Law
- Clinical and Forensic Assessment of Psychological Trauma | Workshop A (7 CE Credits)
- Multi-Method and Contextual, Diversity-Sensitive Methods in Assessment | Workshop B (7 CE Credits)
- An Integrative Approach to Personality Assessment using the PAI and SPECTRA | Workshop E (3.5 CE Credits)
- Integrating Race, Ethnicity, and Culture (REC) into Forensic Mental Health Assessments | Workshop G (3.5 CE Credits) (by APLS Members, Natalie Anumba, Lara Guzman-Hosta, and Danielle Rynczak)
- Evidence-Based Applications of the MMPI-3 in Forensic Psychological Evaluations | Workshop J (7 CE Credits)
- Practical, Not Pathological: Understanding Cultural Mistrust in Testing | Workshop M (3.5 CE Credits)
SPA is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. While SPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content, the Practice Committee is pleased to partner with SPA for the above workshops. Many of the live presentations and pre-recorded sessions also have the opportunity for CEs through APA. Specific sessions and hours are still being finalized.
Registration is now open, please select the AP-LS member option to receive the member rate for your category. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
The Society for Personality Assessment (SPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.